The floor is probably not going to be beautiful, but I think it’ll look ok. And I love the fact that I’m using the same wood that was in the floor. Stuff that had square nails in it when I pulled it out.

Here’s how it looked when I was finished sanding it.

The right side is a bit light. My first stain attempt put stain everywhere, but wiped it off the left side rather quickly.

Right, that didn’t make much difference. So today, I put another coat of stain on the right side only. Here’s how it looked when I left it to dry.

I’m pretty sure that I’ll never get it to match perfectly, but I think the second coat will help. I’ll let this dry a couple of days and then put the finish coat on it.