I’ve now completed two boards out of old lathe. The picture below shows part of both of them.
The board on the top was made with longer pieces glued together. The one on the bottom was made with shorter pieces. On the bottom one, I’d put two shorter pieces together to make a longer piece. I don’t know what I was thinking because look at all the holes in the bottom board. I didn’t make clean cuts of all the edges, so there are holes where things didn’t match up well. I guess I’ll try to fix those spots by filling it in with some glue and sawdust. For the board I made tonight, I cut all the pieces so they’ll have a nice square edge. And I didn’t use any boards that have a big hole in it. I’m hoping that board will look as nice as the one on top. Guess I’ll find out tomorrow.