It basically took all day today to sync the files from my laptop to my new coldandheartless server. It took me a bit longer than it should have to create the new linode because I was stupid. I forgot that I had used letsencrypt to get certificates for the files. And I forgot to open the https port and then spent way too much time wondering why the websites didn’t work.
But it’s finally fixed and everything (as far as I can tell works). The other thing that I use this server for is testing the sending of mail from a different location than where I’m at, usually this means when I’m off-campus. That works fine. Since I couldn’t think of anything else that I’d need to do for this, I deleted my old linode. The old one was called bug. Since I like short names, I’ve named the new one red.
This took quite a bit longer than I thought, but it’s ok. It’s something that I’ve been wanting to do for a while. The only thing I’d like to add is a search bar, but I’m also ok with just using duckduckgo and entering site:coldandheartless.com to search my site. So that’s something that will probably never happen.
As I have more time, I’ll look around the site a bit more and see if I notice anything really wrong. The one thing that I think didn’t get exported from the original site are embedded movies. But there are maybe two of those that I can think of, so I can add them as I find them.
Feels good to finally cross this off my list of things to do.